Get Out That Bed!

Okay now, here we go!  The topic of SEX is absolutely horrifying for some of us to hear and discuss, especially at church!  But let's face it, most of us, the only thing that is on our minds is sex and money!  And, if its not, we know someone close to us that it is!  They are confessing Christian men and women that are having sex with any, and everybody!  And some of them ARE married with several lover's.  They are out of control!

Sex, sex, sex!  The single people want it, and the married people don't!  How interesting is this fact.  The one's that have a license to drive, don't want to drive, and the one's that do not have a license (marriage that is) want to drive all over the place......all in the Name of Jesus?


Sex was God's idea!  It is NOT dirty to God, it is NOT forbidden  by Him......EXCEPT outside of a marriage covenant between a man and woman!  There are NO exceptions!  The only people that God has sanction to have sexual intercourse is men and women who are married!   All else IS perversion.

I have personally experienced the devastation of having illicit sex outside of marriage since I began my personal walk with God in 1992, and let me tell you my Friend, without fail, it always left me empty and feeling shame  after that 'fleeting' physical pleasure was indulged.  


I have been walking with God since 1992.  I was filled with the Holy Spirit in my one bedroom apartment after being in an illicit sexual affair with a man I found out through a close friend of mine was also having sex with her cousin!  I was devastated!  I was tore up!  I was messed up!  I was 20 years old by the time I received this devastating revelation from my "411" girlfriend, you know the friend we all have at some point in our lives that knows 'everything' about 'everybody' and can't wait to tell it! 

I was 'consumed' with this man.  I was thinking about him morning, noon and night!  Have you ever been there my Friend?  It is torture!  I was 'soul tied' and I had nowhere else to turn at this time in my life and I knew it.  I was in trouble.


Within minutes after I hung the phone up with "411,"  I found myself in my one bedroom apartment on the floor crying out to God who up until this time I had never REALLY talked to Him, but this I knew, I did not want to be held captive to this man in my thoughts as I was.  I was in bondage, why?  
S E X!  Yes my Friend!  Sex is a very powerful exchange that cannot be underestimated, ever!  Especially when you want to love the person you are laying with.  It can destroy you!

Up until this time in my young life, I was never a promiscuous woman.  I always wanted to wait and have sex after I got married, even though I was not a follower of Jesus Christ until I was 20 years old.  I did value marriage a great deal.


This same day I cried out to God whom I could not see, and was not sure he could hear me or see me in the pain that I was feeling, but my dear Friend, I will tell you this, by the time I did pick myself up off that floor ..... honey chile!  Listen!  That man was somebody I "use" to know!    I can tell you this in short.  I never looked back!!!  I got my phone number change (no cell phones back then).  I cut ties with '411!'  And the Spirit of God has been teaching me, loving me, and helping me to go and grow in the knowledge of Jesus Christ since that day!   Whoooooo!   Glory to God Forevermore! 

Shortly after this awakening in my life to my now Heavenly Father and my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I felt inspired by the Holy Spirit to purchase a Bible, get baptized and start studying the Scriptures.   My first Bible was a King James Version.  I was finding it very difficult to initially understand, but I kept at it, I would go from front to back and all over before the Holy Spirit brought alive for me one evening this scripture,  "Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body, 1Corinthians 6:18."   It was as if God himself was sitting next to me as I became enlightened to this verse.....I  knew exactly what God was speaking to me....... No More Sex!  I had to Flee from it as a single woman to follow Him.

I began to understand why I was overtaken with the man God had recently set my 'SOUL' free from.....SEX!  It is nothing to play with my Friend outside of God's ordination for marriage.  Besides the destruction we can open up to your mind, will and emotions, we do risk sexually transmitted diseases....Big Time!


Since that time in 1992, I wish I could tell you as a follower of Jesus Christ I have not needed God's grace in this area of my life.  But I can't.  However, I can tell you when I needed His Love and grace the most, He did not forsake me.  I was devastated by my sin!  And you know what else my Friend, I discovered and I am convinced, the reason many of my Brother's and Sister's in Christ are indulging in illicit sex as I have regrettably done in my journey with Christ......... YOU WANT LOVE!  Yes my Friend,  many of us have come through broken homes, broken relationships, Rejection!  Betrayal!  Deception and the like.  Our souls ARE thirsty for love and acceptance.  We ALL want love!  Unfortunately for some of us, we are confusing sex with love, irregardless, it is FORBIDDEN by God outside of marriage.

There are those who brag about their sinful, sexual lives. There are those who could care less about hurting God by indulging their flesh with their  multiple lover's and "friends."  But to my Brother's and Sister's in Christ who have been overtaken in this area, and you are as I was, broken and desiring to walk worthy of your confession for Jesus Christ.  Pick yourself up!  Get up!  Look Up!  GET OUT OF THAT BED!!  You can do it!  You have to do it! 

By the grace and mercy of God, The same words God spoke to me..... "Flee Fornication," after He set me free from that man,  is the same words He has spoken to me when I fell in my journey since that time.  
Sex IS NOT LOVE!!   GOD IS LOVE my Friend! 

He gives us time to repent and get back into fellowship with Him. 
I am older, I am wiser.  I am so grateful for the work of the Holy Spirit in my life.  His conviction caused me to "FLEE" from my folly and understand why I had to Get Out That Bed......
H   E   L    L !








God loves us, BUT  He will NOT allow anyone
to TRAMPLE The Shed Blood of Jesus!

Friend, sexual sin is no different than gluttony!  Gluttony is the reason so many of us are dying in the prime of our lives.  Will God forgive the glutton?  Absolutely!  Will He forgive those who have fallen into sexual sin!  ABSOLUTELY!
(Be sure to read my Blog, "Why So Much Sickness and Disease.")
When I HAVE failed God,  I became 'spiritually' obese with guilt and shame.   I hated what I had done to myself and my relationship with God.   We that love Him MUST rely on the finished work of Jesus Christ as our Righteousness when we fall.  We are not going to Heaven because we have it all together, we are going because Jesus DOES!  Helleluja!  Real converts of Jesus Christ HATE their sin!  What we "hate" cannot "dominate" us!   No one can hate what God hates until  he or she 'sincerely' has an encounter with Him.  God HATES sin!

Listen very closely, there is a vast difference between 'falling' in dirt and 'rolling' in it! A righteous man falls seven times, and rises up again, but the wicked shall fall into mischief, Proverbs 24:16. Have you fallen into sin? Or are you "rolling" in it without conviction?

Sexual sin IS deadly!  Do not go back to living a lifestyle of sexual immorality ~ Do not go back!  Come On!  Receive God's LOVE for you!   Get Out that Bed!  Call upon the Name of the Lord, He will forgive you and restore your life and ministry....I Am A Witness!! 
His Grace is AMAZING!
Listen to this...








No comments:

Post a Comment