Keys to Handle SCANDAL!

OUCH!!  Nothing can be more painful than barb wires of defamation and assassination of your character.  Lies, slander, gossip and being judged by people that know absolutely nothing about you accept the scandalous words of your attackers can affect the best of us.  Especially when the attacks come from those that you have trusted and allowed near your heart. 

Scandal will do one of two things, it will derail you, or propel you if you do not understand that your enemies are very necessary for your SPIRIT (awareness of God) to grow as you go in your life with Christ. 

Jesus was VERY controversial.  He was radical, bold and straight forward when dealing with his enemies, most of whom were "RELIGIOUS" people.  Isn't that much to ponder?  Nothing or no one could stop him!  He was a force to be reckon with.  Why?  Jesus KNEW WHO HE WAS!!!!

My Friend do you really know who you are?  Besides the money, power, friends, materialism, physical prowess, great intellect, and this list could go on......do you REALLY know who you are in Christ?  Do you understand that in Him you CAN endure the pain, shame and humiliation that others attempt to crush your spirit with?

Do you believe what your enemies have to say about you?  If the answer is no, let it go!  And just in case you may have done some of what they say you did, you must take it to God in prayer and leave it there.  Receive God's forgiveness, there is none righteous, not one!!!  Make no mistake about it.  Your enemies and character assassins have sinned too!!  Do not allow them to get into your head my Friend.  They have sin, shortcomings and character flaws, and you know they got some skeleton's in them closets too!!

When you are scandalized, the real you MUST come forth in God. If God is really for you, and you know that He is, you are going to have to rest in that fact when you are being talked about, lied on, ostracized, criticized and scandalized! 

Walk in the midst of your enemies with your back straight, your head held high, and fix your mind on this fact, I KNOW who I am!!!  You will NOT break my spirit!  You will NOT make me doubt who I KNOW that I am and strive to be.  You are not my God!  I will not bow to your oppressive tactics to take my joy and peace!   Hey!  I am a God Warrior!  I will not be moved!  I am a survivor!  I am an over comer!!   WHOOOO!  I am getting excited!!!! I am God's Property!!  I am a child of God!   You MUST encourage yourself, just as King David did. 

The greatest enemy you will fight during times of scandal will be with yourself. 

You cannot allow the voice and thoughts of others to become YOUR GOD!   You must learn and practice CASTING those thoughts down that come to torment you. GO TO BED!!  Your enemies are sound to sleep!  They are NOT thinking about you!  They are sleep!

Our propensity is to defend ourselves, but you know what my Friend, it is wasted energy,  however, it is essential to know this, the more upset and depressed we become in times of scandal, the more God allows us to understand just how much we really love ourselves.  Pride comes in many hues. 

Jesus endured much criticism, assassination of his character, betrayal, ridicule, but He stayed on course.  My friend, stay on course.  Endure it!  Take it!  Keep forgiving.  Keep talking to God.  Work it out like ROCKY!  He was a die hard.  He was a winner in his heart.    He Beat them in his heart!  His spirit was never overcome by his opposition.  Stay CONSCIENCE of God!  He will hold your hand and you will not be overtaken. 

1 comment:

  1. Hallelujah! Keep encouraging, and be encouraged! "God is not mocked, whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap"

    ReplyDelete