Confronting in the Spirit

To be a Spirit Filled follower of Jesus Christ does not make us passive and fearful people whatsoever. Many are fearful of allowing the Spirit of God to have his way in them beyond their personalities. Do you not know my friend that this is grievous to the Holy Spirit? Why? Because there will be times in your life that you need to get out of the way and say exactly what needs to be said in the way it should be said.

If your child wondered off in front of a moving train and was not paying attention, wouldn't you lift your voice to warn them they were in harms way? So why is it that so many confessing Christian cry when they are rebuked? There are some things that cannot be said sweet. The Lion needs to be heard in the rebuke NOT The Lamb. Why? When "The Lion" in you speaks, there is a sense of urgency and emergency that does not come when The Lamb speaks.

The Lion in you is strong, fearless and will not back down - The lamb in you will. The Lamb will not stand ground in the face of pride, rebellion and stubbornness that will often emanate when we are being confronted with information we do not like or want to hear.

There is a sweep of humanism, shrouded in fear that has swept through the Body of Christ. We are constantly talking about 'speaking in love,' what exactly does this mean? Your tone of voice? What is it for real, because I have noticed that when it comes to rebuke or provoking the brethren to understanding, it oftentimes does not matter how "sweet" and calm you are, there is going to be resistance and offense.

In these "intense fellowship" moments, it is very important for us to strive to learn the move of the Spirit of God in you as you are speaking to others. Especially when the conversation involves negative behavior and sin.

I recall a couple who came up to me after church service for prayer. I was part of a team of people called the 'altar workers.' We exhorted and prayed for whoever needed prayer after all services. The wife was crying and the husband was trying to console her. I was thinking in my natural self that she needed a hug and a very "sweet" word of encouragement, but instead the moment I opened my mouth, the Spirit of God came on me with boldness and I found myself rebuking her, and telling her she needed to pull herself together as she was driving her husband crazy with her constant whining and other things said by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

I was horrified! I could not believe that I went off on this lady. She was in shock and so was her husband. I was very active in my church. My pastor at the time trusted me and took interest in helping me learn and utilize my 'spiritual gifts.' One being the word of knowledge. I did not know what was going on in their marriage, but the Holy Ghost did and "The Lion" in me was not budging, but my mind was telling me, "you are in trouble, what are you doing? Why are you talking to her so firmly (some would consider harshly)?" I could not wait to get out of there! I went to my car and cried. I was overwhelmed because I did not understand the move of the Spirit of God at this time in my walk with God. This was very upsetting to me to say the least, I was out of "character."

Three weeks later I received a note in the mail. It was this woman. She thanked me for 'loving' her enough to speak the truth to her in the "tone" and "spirit" that I did. She admitted that she was very angry with me, but she also admitted that all things said to her was the truth. This lady was destroying her marriage and the Holy Spirit graced me to call that out in the Spirit of The Lion, The Lamb could not have gotten thru to her. Her tears was the 'smokescreen.'

God is powerful! His Spirit lives in us.  He loves us enough to place others in our lives to "ROAR" sometimes at us, not to hurt us, but rather to help us grow up and pull us out of thorns and thickets that we have fallen into. A wise man WILL NOT despise rebuke! The carnal man makes light of "how" things are said, but the spiritual man will steady his ear to hear "what" has been said....a lie or the truth. Selah!
Listen to this!


Also Read:





Why So Much Sickness & Disease





Anti-Depressant Drugs Forbidden!




1 comment: